Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Bluejays Footballers

The Porta Bluejays football team started off their season August 23 with their annual blue and white scrimmage game. The game gave us a look at what the Jr. High, Freshmen, JV and Varsity boys have been doing to prepare for the season. The Varsity boys started off their season-opener August 29  playing against the Athens Warriors at a home game. Sadly, they lost that game but there are still more games to come. There are three high school students from A-C Central  that play on the  Porta Bluejays Varsity football team. We have Quinn Allen and Ryan Woodard who are  seniors and Dalton Johnston who is a Junior at A-C Central. I asked the guys some questions about playing and here is what they had to say. 


A-C: How Long have you been playing football?
Dalton Johnston
Quinn: For six years
Dalton: For six years

A-C: Why did you join the team?
Quinn: Because football looked like something I wanted to do.
Dalton: Because I wanted to be a part of something.

A-C: What position do you play and do you like it?
Quinn: I play Offensive guard and it's okay, but I would rather be center.
Dalton: I'm a wide receiver and yes i do like it.

A-C: What's your favorite thing about football?
Quinn:  I'd have to say the thrill of a win.
Dalton: I like that it's a full contact sport.

A-C: How did you feel about losing your first game of the season?
Dalton: It was disappointing, but I think we can work through it.

 Click here to see the dates for up coming games and where they will be.

Quinn Allen (number 55)
Ryan Woodard(left) Quinn Allen(center) Dalton Johnson(right)

                                                       

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment