Friday, September 12, 2014

Swim Team

PORTA Swim Team is looking forward to a fun season. The team will be competing in an indoor heated facility. The 6-lane, 25 yard competitive pool meets standards for IHSA, YMCA, and USS swimming and diving programs. The pool is also available for recreational use with a 3 1/2 foot shallow end and 12-foot deep end with a diving board.
  • Tues 09/09 4PM @ HOME 
  • Sat 09/13 1PM @ Springfield High School
  • Tues 09/23 6PM @ Lincoln High School
  • Mon 09/29 4PM @ Springfield High School
  • Tues 10/07 4PM @ Springfield High School 
  • Thu 10/09 4PM @ HOME
  • Thu 10/16 4:30PM @ HOME
  • Click HERE for official schedule 
AC-Central has one student on the swim team. After interviewing Sabrina R on this years team compared to last years and her performance, these were her answers: 

ACWhat did you do to prepare for this year’s season?
Sabrina: Our team started conditioning in August and had practice every day.

ACHow did you do last year and do you think you've gotten better?
SabrinaI have gotten faster since last year. I practiced swimming during the summer so I would be faster during the swim season.
  
ACWhat are a few of your highlights? 
SabrinaI swam the 200 meter freestyle in 3 minutes and 2 seconds (I didn't finish last). I was very proud of that because I had never swum the 200 before. 

ACWhat drew you to join the swim team?
SabrinaMy aunt Allyson convinced me to join the swim team my sophomore year.

ACWhat do you think your toughest meet is going to be?
SabrinaMost of our meets are pretty tough. We don’t win very often, but we try our best and have fun. 

ACHow do you think you will perform this season?
SabrinaI know I will always try my best. When I get tired in a race I listen for my team cheering me on and that encourages me to finish the race strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment